Coach & Mentor
Coach & Mentor
How SCP Grows Strong Leaders
Leadership development is a progression that begins with assessing the leader’s core strengths and competencies.
Assessments enable us to customize the leadership development program. Furthermore, we believe it is important to provide skill development that is reinforced by coaching and mentoring.
SCP’s customized programs and training courses are interactive and engaging to support leaders’ current and future performance. Our programs will help to improve communication, reduce conflict, cultivate engagement and help leaders lead through change. Our customized training programs and experienced coaches or facilitators have worked across all sectors, assuring leadership success.
As a part of our leadership development training and programs, SCP conducts three types of assessments:
- Pre-Assessments – 360 leadership and organizational assessments identify key organizational and individual learning needs that help to garner organizational specific case studies to be used in the training.
- Personal and Professional Training and Coaching Assessments – Various assessments focused on communication, conflict and leadership styles, emotional intelligence, decision-making and many other topics are essential to SCP’s training and coaching practice. This is only a small sample of our available assessments. Our skilled facilitators and coaches are certified to conduct most assessments within the current marketplace. The assessments are used as a self-learning tool before and during training and coaching engagements with individuals and teams.
- Post-Training and Coaching Assessments – Assessing individual and organizational growth post-training helps organizations assess the effectiveness of the training and pinpoint future areas for growth.
The SCP team of coaches is certified to use a number of assessments during coaching sessions and training programs to enhance a leader’s personal and professional growth.
Benefits of Assessments
- Cultivates professional and personal growth within leaders of all levels
- Enables SCP to customize the leadership development program
- Provides skill development that is reinforced by coaching and mentoring
- Provides a benchmark by which to measure and quantify growth
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®)
- 360 Insight 20/20
- Leadership Effectiveness Inventory (LEI)
- Global Leadership Profile (GLP)
- Global Competencies Inventory (GCI)
- OPM Leadership 360™
- Human Resource Development Quarterly (HRDQ) What’s My Communication Style
- HRDQ What’s My Conflict Style
- HRDQ What’s My Decision-Making Style
- HRDQ Learning to Listen
- HRDQ Emotional Intelligence
Coaching and Mentoring Services
In addition to well-designed training programs and individualized assessments, effective leadership development includes leadership coaching and mentoring. As a stand-alone service offering or after training programs, SCP provides executive leadership and team coaching services with our team of coaches.
About Our Coaching Team
As a leader in training and organizational development, SCP has established critical relationships with top leadership coaches located across the United States and the world. The SCP team consists of over 60 highly qualified coaches who are certified through the International Coach Federation. Our coaches have completed a minimum of the Associate Coach Level (ACC) and many have achieved the Professional (PCC) and Masters (MCC) levels of certification through the organization.
We have assembled a winning team of industry leaders who:
- Maintain professional coaching certifications and experience in industry, government and nonprofit sectors
- Represent a diverse cross-section of experience, education, race and gender
- Provide a wide range of professional expertise to ensure that the right coach is paired with each individual or team based upon skillset, personality, and overall compatibility
As a part of every coaching engagement, SCP follows the International Coach Federation’s (ICF) coaching approach for individuals and teams, which uses a 5-step process.
SCP delivers performance management, supervisory and leadership training and technical training programs to all sizes of organizations.